Monday, March 24, 2008

Some stuff from Sea World

Still drawing, trying to have fun. I can see that my stuff is becoming less exaggerated, less crazy than it used to be for in-park standards. I dont necessarily have a problem with it, I can just tell that its becoming more packaged. At this present time of year I'm focusing on keeping a nice clean sketch as fast as possible and not pushing myself to jack people up. As the years have passed, I've been very into pushing the exaggeration, and its kind of "been there done that". I dont feel like I'm in any type of plateau that is keeping me from doing that, just doing it less in the park.
This is the first time I've worked in a year round park and I'm discovering what its like to fight to make commission. But summer will be here soon enough and I can have all the fun I want.



















7 comments:

Rayuen said...

i dont nessesarily think these are "bad." the likenesses on these are pretty much spot on...except for that indian chick, not sure what youre going for there. then again, the photo is kinda dark...

Unknown said...

oh my god. i haaaatteee how good these are. hahahah. man. i think i really need to drop in before heading back to t.dot. i need to see you guys in action.

chris chUa! said...

yeah, I was noticing in your previous posts that you were taming up a little and even at cripple con a bit. I hear ya about less trying to jack people up but stuff like the st. pattys and sprint ones just seemed a bit too...I don't know, a bit TOO bland...at least to me. this new post though, I thought weren't jacking up but still rocked and fun! that 3 person one is AWESOME! that dad is hilarous and the baby too. the asian one running on water is GREAT. the army couple bodies and some of the others are a bit uncharacteristically you, just standing there. skateboard one rocks. that asian girl with the hat looks exactly like her...I could just imagine how round you could have really gone on those cheeks though if you wanted, heh :P

but I also hear ya about the slow year round days...the few ones I get on those days, I usually don't go too nuts.

now summer should be starting, can't wait to see you having fun!

Aaronphilby said...

gotta love fightin' to make commission.

Marion said...

Great bodies.
The shark with the sharp teeth is my favourite, very funny!

Seo Kim said...

hehe lots of good ones.. my fav is the asian couple in the green and yellow. And the baby, and the crazy eyed asian girl

Gabriel Hunt said...

These are $50-$100 sketches. These people are getting a great deal just paying $25-$50